About Robert F. McCurry, Jr.
Bob McCurry has been practicing with the Law Firm of Horger, Barnwell & McCurry, L.L.P. for over thirty years. He was born and reared in Orangeburg County. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the Darla Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina, and is a graduate of the University of South Carolina School of Law.
Bob’s civil practice of law has resulted in varied experiences in real estate, probate and estate planning, corporate law, commercial law and the field of eminent domain.
He is also a South Carolina Bar Certified Mediator.
Bob has served as general counsel for a variety of businesses, entities and municipalities as well as providing counsel to clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, commercial real estate and farming interests. His practice also includes large estates and probate litigation.
He has worked with various community organizations and boards and his local church. He has served as President of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce; President of Orangeburg County Economic Partnership for Orangeburg County; a school board member; and is currently a member of the Orangeburg County Development Commission.
Bob is thorough, diligent and hard working. He enjoys interacting with his clients.
He is a proud husband and father to three adult children.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Member, Orangeburg County Public Defender Corporation, 1987 – 1991
- Board of Directors, Orangeburg County Family Health Center, Inc., 1987 – 1992
- Member, Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce, 1992 – 2006 (President, 1991) (Chairman, 2005)
- Member, 2005— and President, 2006—, Orangeburg County Economic Development Partnership
- 1985, South Carolina
Law School Attended
- University of South Carolina, Class of 1985, J.D.
- University of South Carolina, Class of 1982, B.S. cum laude
- Rock Hill, South Carolina
Associations & Memberships
- Orangeburg County (President, 1991) and American Bar Associations
- South Carolina Bar